Originally Posted By: ryck
And, besides, it's hard as hell to fold the page corners with an iPad. laugh

Au contraire, folding a page corner is not difficult at all. A single click/touch on the appropriate icon (It resembles a bookmark ribbon) inserts a bookmark for the current page into an index with the chapter title and page number. Command+drag creates a highlight and you can choose the highlight color as well as adding your own note to the highlighted section. All of this is automatically indexed. Even if you did not bookmark a page (turn down the corner) you can Spotlight search the entire document from within iBooks a lot faster than you can scan the pages of a paper book — even if you are a master at speed reading 🤓.

I have not been a particular fan of eBooks, but lately I have been working with several new to me applications Affinity Designer, Hype 5, Sketch, and Goldfish 4 for a personal project I am working on and I have found using iBooks on my iPad and the app on my Mac mini has proven very useful and functional. Better than having several books open and scattered about my already crowded physical desktop. My only complaint is the available documents for some of the apps were all too obviously NOT written by someone trained and experienced in either technical writing or pedagogy.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein