Originally Posted By: artie505
Those deadbeats were preordained when cards such as my (purple) American Express CHARGE card were discontinued in favor of credit cards - I wasn't alone in being perfectly happy having to pay my entire balance monthly. - and I resent being called a deadbeat by people at least some of whom I'm sure are running their own lives without running credit card balances. mad

I have never had a (purple) American Express card but my Gold American Express card (it started out as green back in 1982) still requires the balance to be paid in full each and every month. Even if I upgraded it to a Platinum card it would still require the balance in full every month.
Originally Posted By: Artie505
I'll give your bankers this, though: those who don't run balances and wait until the last day to pay their current charges are freeloaders. (I pay my current charges within minutes after they come due on my screen, and my payment has invariably been processed before I'm notified of my statement's availability.)
Put me down as a freeloader. I pay all of my credit card bills by electronic funds transfer between 11:00 PM 🕚 and midnight 🕛 of the due date and not before then. The interest rates I earn on my bank balance aren't that much these days, but I like to earn what I can as long as I can.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein