Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: artie505
In the polite, as in joemikeb, company I've kept down south "you all" was used frequently side by side with "y'all".

Call y'all and raise ya a chitlin! smirk

Dangerously off-topic but in my part of Texas where the west Texas accent it more prevalent it is spelled "you all" and pronounced more like "yawl" with a really long a as in "drawl". The "Y'all" pronunciation is the east Texas variant of the old southern usage. There are regions of the state like Dallas where neither the west Texas drawl or east Texas accent are much in evidence, too dang many
Click to reveal..
damnyankees
have moved there. In deep south and west Texas "you all" often comes out as "tú todo" or "todos ustedes". Along the gulf coast you may hear it pronounced "tất cả các bạn" and in parts of Houston, Fort Worth, and Dallas it may come out as "انتم جميعا"

However it is pronounced, it is intended as hospitably inclusive.

Even more off topic, but what a physically cool multi-lingual quasi-multimedia posting (i.e., "Show me!" button), joemikeb. How was the latter done?

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.