Originally Posted By: jchuzi
Yes, it is possible to always get free access by deleting cookies (I figured that out a long time ago) but someone has to pay for the services rendered by NYTimes. I, for one, am happy to be a paid subscriber.

Pretty much the only time I look at the Times is when you link to it, and I'm not inclined to buy it every day to enable my very occasional browsing. (As I've said to the guys in the corner store who ask why I only look at front pages but never buy, "If I buy it, I've got to read the whole damn thing!")

10 free articles a month was sufficient for me, but they seem to have changed that algorithm to something quite elusive, and I began this thread to give people a heads-up to the fact that the login page is not a fait-accompli.

OK... I've now realized that the login page enables you to open a free account, so I created one to see what it would get me, and after blindly clicking on many links...I've got absolutely no idea. tongue

(The appearance of the login page definitely has nothing specific to do with clicking on one of your links, and I suspect that it's cache, rather than cookie, related.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire