Originally Posted By: ryck
Trump seems to have had many conversations with foreign officials on his personal cell phone, without any of the protections that one would expect of such communications. I'd say his phone activity has a "personal email server" kind of ring to it.

I wonder when we can expect his followers to start chanting: "Lock him up! Lock him up!"

I'm no way an expert on the subject, and I'm sure there are grey areas, but it appears to me that Trump is dismissive of anything that's not codified law.

If it's merely protocol or accepted behavior or a nicety it doesn't apply to him, and he can apparently ignore it with impunity.

But, for instance, asking the President of Argentina to facilitate a real estate deal for a company from which he's supposed to be removed (about which he says he doesn't even care) during the course of a heads-of-state phone call looks like it's clearly a breach of ethics and an abuse of power.

I suspect that his admiration for Putin is based on nothing other than his having amassed a $40 billion fortune at the expense of his people.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire