Originally Posted By: artie505
So much of my personal data was collected before I began running privacy apps that the best I can do at this point is slow the hemorrhaging, which I don't believe can ever be stanched (and under any circumstances, I've never gotten the feeling that my data has been used to target me).

That's what I figure. And it's underlined by the thought that bad guys were likely already doing what bad guys do, before we knew they were doing it. Like you, I haven't had any experience that would indicate they have my critical information.

Once people understand the environment, they must treat their on-line activities, phone usage and implementation of household internet-related devices, et cetera, the same as they treat any seemingly innocuous activity - there is always the possibility of danger, so take precautions.

I think of it as the digital equivalent of crossing the street. You look both ways before you make your move.

Last edited by ryck; 11/13/16 03:30 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C