Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Have you considered the possibility that a very dysfunctional Trump lead executive branch with the four stooges in the cabinet might, just might, be enough to kick start a similarly dysfunctional congress into thinking about governing the country. That might be a welcome change after 8 years of partisan wrangling over signs on bathroom doors.

That's what I had in mind when I suggested impeachment...the critical first step.

If they dump Trump they'll get Pence, who'll be a working President who's sympathetic to their agenda, and the country will at least be run, albeit in what manner and towards what ends would remain to be seen, with some degree of functionality.

Edit: And dumping Trump would also cleanse the party of at least some of the stigma his candidacy has attached to it.

Edit: As it stands, the Republicans really have Congress only; Trump has the White House, and I'll speculate that at this very moment, Paul Ryan is grinning a cheshire grin as he contemplates the possibility of a palace coup that will give him stature and power beyond his wildest dreams.

Last edited by artie505; 11/11/16 10:51 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire