Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: Ira L
Originally Posted By: artie505
I just upgraded, and I'm not liking it much so far because of broken apps, and in that regard, my beloved moveAddict no longer works, and although I believe there's a way to cut & paste files and folders across volumes I either haven't figured it out or haven't been able to make it work; neither command-C followed by command-option-V, nor command-X, does anything that I can see.

Am I missing something, or is something broken?

Thanks.

According to this Apple Support document the ordinary command-C or -V should work on files in the Finder.

Thanks, Ira, but that doesn't address my problem.

I thought there was a way to cut and paste apps (and other folders) and files across volumes.

Wasn't it a much heralded "new" feature a few OS's back? (My understanding is that moveAddict was discontinued because Apple usurped its functionality, including what I'm asking about.)

I just found a 10 year old post on MacUpdate that tells how to move items across volumes without having to go back and delete the original, albeit not with keyboard commands.

If I click-drag a file or folder to a location on another volume and depress command before I release the click the selected item will disappear from its original location and wind up in its new location on the second volume.

Not precisely what I was looking for, but it'll suffice.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire