Originally Posted By: Gregg
Originally Posted By: roger
seems to me that as long as there's a God, we'll never take responsibility.

...responsibility for what?

Originally Posted By: roger
everything. being good to each other, and all that sort of stuff. you know, making a rum go off this whole thing called life.

So you're saying people would be more responsible if no one thought God exists? You'll have to explain the logic. I can't wrap my head around that until I can stop shaking it.

with a God, ultimately the responsibility for everything rests there, and not on us. until we say, "we need to do that which helps us all, not because someone tells us to, but because it is beneficial to life," we won't ever get there.

How many hospitals were founded by Atheist organizations? ...many are run by Christian organizations. (Alert! unPC! ...but I know of only one other religion involved in running hospitals, on a much smaller scale, and you must know which one I'm speaking of.) Outside of my biological family, the people I've turned to for help have been caring, good people I knew from church. You must have a very different life experience!

are you saying that only through religion will people do good things? hardly. certainly churches do good things, so do lots of people who don't go to church. they just don't have a bunch of people tithing to them...

and how about those Crusades? there's some good works...

MacBook 2.4 Ghz · 4 Gb ram · 10.7.5
stuff I'm interested in
iPhone 4s 7.0.2