Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Well said Tacit. My experience and the experience of most of my friends, many of whom are far older than I parallels yours. I still contend iOS devices are almost impossible to comprehend until you have one and have used it for a while. It quickly becomes about as useful as your right arm.

Lefty and luvin' it! grin

Thanks for the informative and educational cell/smart phone primer. (This thread could use a more searchable title and might well be made "sticky".)

I won't even begin to even try to argue against smart phones, because you and tacit have argued so convincingly for them in so many aspects of so many different types of people's lives.

But I will say that I'm totally pleased that you've neither convinced me that I need one nor even enticed, let alone induced, me to want to add one to my load.

The possibility, more likely likelihood, that the full-time 100% connectivity and data processing and other capabilities (and their accompanying diversions from self) about which you guys are so enthusiastic will ultimately be the way of the world both horrifies and saddens me. 😱🔫

(I read that a gun emoji that was added for the Olympics was removed because of objections to its other symbolism, so why is this one still included in the set?)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire