Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Another App Store surprise. App Store informed me there was an update to iTunes, so I clicked on update. When the update completed, App Store revealed that not only iTunes had been updated but also an update to the Recovery Drive had been installed. I would have approved the Recovery Drive update, but it would have been nice to have had the option of installing one and not the other. 😒

I've got my option set to download but NOT install, and when the updates get to /Library/Updates I often find more than one dmg, e.g. Safari 10.0.1 and its related security update were separate installations.

Edit: I'm surprised that you weren't advised of the Recovery Drive Update; even though the Safari update was predominant on the App Store page the security update was mentioned, albeit in small print.

Edit 2: And using the d/l method enables me to both install selectively and archive d/l's such as Safari.

Last edited by artie505; 10/29/16 12:01 AM. Reason: More

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire