Trump didn't invent bigotry, but his campaign undoubtedly foments it. Somalis Living an American Dream in Kansas Glimpse a Nightmare Closer to home (mine, that is), Trump supporters took umbrage at a statement of the obvious. Trump-swastika sign in window of Saugerties bookstore draws protesters.

As an ethnic Jew (non-practicing and and a non-believer), I feel all of this very keenly. My grandparents immigrated from Russia because of this type of persecution and found a refuge here. Make America great again? The key is to embrace diversity and welcome those who are in danger in their homeland.

My father loved to tell the following story: FDR was scheduled to give a speech to the Daughters of the American Revolution. The DAR was well known for its hostility toward immigrants, forgetting that they, themselves, were descendants of colonists. He began his speech with "Fellow immigrants..."

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365