Originally Posted By: tacit
Originally Posted By: artie505

(What on Earth are the artifacts in your post? There's more to see if you hit the "Quote" button.)

That style of text is called "Zalgo text." It comes from a series of online horror stories about a Cthulu-esque creature called Zalgo, a malignant entity with the power to destroy the world.

In the stories, Zalgo's name is always displayed with those weird diacritics.

I thought it was appropriate for D̡̫̘͚̦̔́̍̀̕ó̢͉̘̘͕͕̫̼͓̱̊̎̀̾́̚ǹ̡̛͉͔̜̭̿̈́̄͂͟͢ȁ̛̙̯̞̦̋̑̅̇̀̕͢͟͡ͅl̡̳̝̼̺̲̖̂̆̏̉͂͐͐̕͜͝d̖̹̖͈̦̉̈̄͒̒̃͆͒͢ T̷̝̰̪̘̙̣̟̲̜̓̃̅́͑͒̈́̀̈́r̵̡̨̢̻̱̯̳̝̜̈̑͊͌̌͗͠͡͡u̷̼̭͉̭̥̰͉̯̓͐̈́̽̅͛́́̀m̢̹͍̟̭̬͒̈̾̽̓͌̑̏̀̚͢p̭̼̻͈̖̲̊̾̃̀̇̕̕͜, who is also a malignant entity.

Nice touch! (A bit obscure, though.)

How did you insert the diacritics? I'd never have guessed that UBB.threads could display them.

Edit: OK, I see that there's a Zalgo Text Generator, but I'm still surprised that the Forum software can render it.

Edit 2: Well, I just did it m͖̤̩̹̺ͨ̀̕͡y͉͎ͭͤͣ͝s͉̲̼͈̠̩͗ͯ͗ͤ̇͢eͫͧ҉̡̹̬l̤̫̫̘͍̾f̔͋͐͏̰̘̦! (Strange that the diacritics don't turn blue when I command-C them but appear in a command-V, anyhow.)

Last edited by artie505; 10/26/16 10:13 PM. Reason: Add link +

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire