Originally Posted By: ryck

And, it would appear, his ravings about "dishonest media" have brought out the thuggery in others.

I am of two minds about the attacks on David French by racist D̛̞̞̟̼̘̦̏͆̇́̇͘͡͞ǫ̤̹̣̺̫̖̃̔͒̐͂͐͗̕͢͞ń̛̛̖͉̲̜̗̎̀̊̇̄͘͟͞ă̧̛̱͍̱͓̟̒̋͋̋͛̕͠l̠̭͖̪̦̠̝̩͐̑̀́͜͡d̘̖̤͎̙̐̐͊̉͡ T̵̨̜̤͖̱̂̾̈̈̍̇͠ͅr̡̘̱̫̻͇̰̳͙̣̈́͑̒̑̉̎̐͒͘̚ų̵̧̤͎̳̋́̋̀͆̋̆͋̕͠m̼͇̹̝̤̯̹̓̾̍͂̔̈͑́̕p̶̧̨̙̟͓͈͚̂̒̏͗͘͞ supporters.

On the one hand, nobody deserves the kind of abuse French and his family are being put through. It is absolutely vile and inexcusable.

On the other hand, this abuse that French is saying "I've never experienced anything like this before" about is something that a lot of people, especially progressive women and most especially progressive women who don't subscribe to traditional views about sex and relationship, experience all the time...and conservatives like French just scoff and say things like "it's not that big a deal" and "freedom of speech!"

I don't know why David French is surprised by the amount of hate he is being bombarded with. People on the left side of the political spectrum have been talking about this for years. It seems like prominent conservatives only understand it when it's directed at them, which to me speaks to an inability to listen to or empathize with other people.

Ḋ̵̪͇̟̣̪̞̜̽̊̃̒̾̾͒ō̴̧̨͔̺̺͕̿̐̍͋̂͆̀̊͞ͅń͉̬͈̺͙̼̣͓͈̦͑͆́̇͘͡͡ã̶̯͇͉̫̰͕̦̹͛̽͊͐̒̕͡l̟̗̙̱̦̍̓̌̎͋͒́̈͘͝d̸̰̭̟̠̟̔̈͋͊̋͑͟͝ Ť̸̨͍̱̥̳̂̿̑̐ŗ̸̧̡̗͙̬̜̪́̊̏̋́́̉̐̓͜ŭ̸̞̫̜͇̝̙͊̽̽͂m̙͔̪͍̻͓͋̆͂̒̑̓͝͞͠p̠̞͓̬̣̮͔̮͐̊́̈́́͘͜ͅ has brought out the worst in American politics. Maybe this is what it will take to make "mainstream" conservatives finally begin to understand what they have created.

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html