Originally Posted By: alternaut
Now, what's that got to do with the war in Bosnia? smirk

Nothing that i know of  confused  (wasn't that man-made?).

Or... which of those [noncontiguous] quotes of mine were you referencing?

[i get the feeling my humor detector has missed some association amidst this multi-threaded meshugganah. Connect the dots for me, if worthwhile.]

--

To all: that last wiki page i linked to cuts to the heart of the matter (and spirit) of what the OP was (seemed to be?) shooting for. That page lists several schools of thought which don't quite jive (much like the myriad of religious factions which disturb certain members), and -- for each school of thought -- that page links to a main article. For all the witty repartee we enjoy here, quantum mechanics is about as high-falutin' as it gets. If you all want to get seriously deep... let's go for it. [i'll do my share of studying.]

I would guess tacit that you subscribe to the "Copenhagen interpretation"? [i haven't picked any yet, but] i've ruled that one out after reading this quote:

Originally Posted By: wiki
The Copenhagen interpretation rejects questions like "where was the particle before I measured its position" as meaningless. The measurement process randomly picks out exactly one of the many possibilities allowed for by the state's wave function.

idunno... it just doesn't sound "unified". wink

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 09/23/09 03:53 AM.