Quote:
...added those Open DNS server addresses to my Network setting in System Prefs. I added them both, in front of the 2 my ISP provides...
...curious if adding the Open DNS addresses before or after, or even deleting the ISP provided DNS server address, makes a difference?

Any thought on the question?

Originally Posted By: pbGuy
...it's now primarily the Safari crashing issue that is prevalent. 2 of my Top Sites (Macworld.com & Washington Post) are currently the principal (but, not sole) culprits. ...

I've now just re-installed Safari 4.0.3....

After several days since the re-install, Safari crashing has only occurred when either of the 2 (referenced above) Top Sites' web previews were selected from the Top Sites window. If either of those 2 sites were selected from their respective menu bookmark, the site will fully load without problem. So, there may be something, within Safari 4.0.3, that my PB G4 (using Tiger) does not handle well.

Over the weekend, while I was internet-connected via Comcast, Safari was speedy. Slowdowns while in my office, I think are directly attributable to the DSL connection.

While I think completing resets can enliven Safari when sluggishness occurs, I think the re-install helped as well.

I am unclear about why certain sites, when activated from Top Sites, will crash. But as it appears I can avoid crashing by selecting sites from their respective, bookmark menus, I think it an easy workaround.

This PB G4 is just about 6 years old, and Safari may demonstrate the limit for certain software updates on the 10.4.11 OS. Until I acquire a new MacBook Pro, which I will do within 6 months, I will simply maintain my installed software at current versions.

I welcome any follow-up thoughts.

MacStudio M1max - 14.4.1, 64 GB Ram, 4TB SSD; Studio Display; iPhone 13mini; Watch 9; iPadPro (M2) 11" WiFi