Your link is a redirect from another site and any malware such as you encountered may have come from any place along the reference chain and not necessarily from Knitting Pattern Central. But since my wife is a former knitter out of curiosity I Googled Knitting Pattern Central and had no problems browsing their site and encountered no malware or warnings. However, when I went to their Contact Me page I found the following notice...
Originally Posted By: Kintting Pattern Central Contact Me
Please do not write using a sbcglobal.net, att.net, earthlink.net, hotmail.com, or live.com email address. All of these email providers will currently not allow my replies through. If you have an alternate gmail.com or yahoo.com email address (etc) please use it instead. Thank you!!

The only reason I can think of that might cause sbcglobal, att, earthlink, etc. to block an email address is because it has been associated with spam or malware. The event triggering the block may, or may not, have happened with the knowledge and consent of the site owner/operator or it could have been a relatively innocent mistake such as sending an email to too many addressees (that can result in a site being blocked as a suspected spammer), but it would make me suspicious and wary of anything downloaded from such a site. ☹️

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein