Thank you so much everyone for your responses. It has been a while since I have been able to return to this project, so I apologize for the late response.

I unfortunately cannot reset my keychain from System Preferences, because when I log in, I do have access to anything except the keychain prompts.

I was able to log into a non-admin account with some success. I say "some" because I can at least navigate around a bit, but am getting continuous alerts that "Finder quit unexpectedly" with Ignore and Report buttons. I have submitted reports from there to Apple, but not sure if that will do anything for me.

I was able to open System Preferences from that account and updated my user's password, but that did not gain me anything. I also created a new Admin account. I can log into that account, but still see the "Finder quit unexpectedly" message.

I do have a log from the report, but no way to get it to you. Are there any specific fields I should look at in the report?

I see:
Quote:

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: _kSFOperationExtractLivePhotoImageKey
Referenced from: /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder
Expected in: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Sharing.framework/Versions/A/Sharing in /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder

Excuse any type-o's above, as I had to copy that log manually.

In response to why I was doing a restore: My system was running rather slow and finicky, so I thought a restore might make things better. Guess I was wrong smirk

Oh, also, as far as I know, I'm not using File Vault. Is that an external app, or something that is pre-installed on the Mac?

I did notice that the mac can't seem to connect to my router, although it does see it. I don't even get prompted for a password. That may be a permission thing on my router settings, though, but I'd have to double check.

I will likely kick off another restore, and pay closer attention to any prompts during the process.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by MissTerial; 10/10/16 10:04 PM.