Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: artie505
A CCC recovery partition is a disc image located at /Library/Application Support/com.bombich.ccc/Recovery HD.dmg, and I was wondering if simply having the dmg somewhere on my deuced Mac(hina) without the presence of an appropriate [*]boot.efi OS would be a qualifying circumstance. (I won't have time to do what I now see is the requisite checking until I get back from FL next week.)

Good question‼️

But based on a bad assumption!

Originally Posted By: CCC
CCC creates an archive of the Recovery HD by default, and this archive can be used to create a Recovery HD partition in the future as necessary.

As per the above quote, /Library/Application Support/com.bombich.ccc/Recovery HD.dmg is not a recovery partition.

The actual CCC recovery partition is a separate (roughly 1GB) volume carved out of the volume on which the clone that it lives with resides; it can be seen and accessed from an option boot as opposed to the command-R boot necessary to access Apple's recovery partition.

Edit: Hmmm... Archiving the recovery partition is a neat idea...enables the creation of a new one on a replacement drive.

Last edited by artie505; 10/08/16 08:07 PM. Reason: More

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire