Originally Posted By: tacit
And even Einstein's limited view of god still blinded him from some physical truths of the physical world; he refused to accept quantum physics on religious grounds--and those principles and models he refused to believe have been tested and found to be accurate. Einstein spent the last fifteen years of his life as a living monument to himself, contributing nothing to physics, because his religion caused him to refuse to accept the reality of how the universe works.

Oh I see... you want to blame his mistakes on religion (and/or God) too. smile That's a bit of a stretch (but not surprising).

Edit: i (obviously) already know about the "God does not play dice with the universe" quote. Have you got something else?

Originally Posted By: tacit
You do not need leprechauns, fairy dust, or invisible men with magic powers who live in the sky in order to be awestruck by the magnificence and incredible wonder of the physical world.
:
:
In fact, I think that relying on magic detracts from the awe and wonder of the world, because it says "all this is here because someone waved a magic wand and made it be here"--far less awe-inspiring </snip>

Leprechauns? Fairy dust? Invisible men who live in the sky? Wands? I think we're losing some sophistication here over semantical interpretations of the word magic. [We can/should drop the word magic/magical, if those are the types of visuals it gives you.]

I'm sorry, you were about to explain what caused the Big Bang... right? So okay, there was all this 'matter' (which came from where again?) floating around in space... and then one day it all exploded (because why?).

Thanks. wink

--

Edit #2: Interesting (seems the jury hasn't rendered a final verdict):
Originally Posted By: wiki
An interpretation of quantum mechanics is a statement which attempts to explain how quantum mechanics informs our understanding of nature. Although quantum mechanics has received thorough experimental testing, many of these experiments are open to different interpretations. There exist a number of contending schools of thought, differing over whether quantum mechanics can be understood to be deterministic, which elements of quantum mechanics can be considered "real", and other matters.

Although today this question is of special interest to philosophers of physics, many physicists continue to show a strong interest in the subject. Physicists usually consider an interpretation of quantum mechanics as an interpretation of the mathematical formalism of quantum mechanics, specifying the physical meaning of the mathematical entities of the theory.

Anyway... I assume you can prove that all the scientists mentioned on that page (and also those in the "main articles" which are linked by that page) are all athesists, except Einstein? Naturally. crazy

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 09/22/09 07:31 PM.