Error messages are not always correct interpretations of what is happening and often they are madningly uninformative. Additionally there are several things both permanent and transient that can raise and error -43. Have you looked in the log files to see if there is more information there?

DW is an excellent utility, arguably the best at volume repair, but a volume scan or repair is not all inclusive in detecting possible errors and does not give a complete picture of the drive's long term health. A full report of all the S.M.A.R.T. Values, not just the summary pass/fail can tell you a lot more about the drive's long term health picture and a surface scan reveals even more. The only tool I am aware of that does both — in addition to volume scan and repair — is TechTool Pro 9.

If I were in your shoes I would look carefully at the system log files for some indication of what might have given rise to the error -43 conditions and because I already have TTP 9 I would run a complete suite of tests including the full set of S.M.A.R.T values and a surface scan — just to be sure of the drive's continued long term health.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein