Originally Posted By: artie505
A while back I reverted the title of this same thread to its correct one, and if I remember correctly it was V1 who had somehow accomplished the change that time, too.

He once described how he "tabs" through posts (I was completely unable to fathom what he said.), and I wonder if it's something he does during that procedure that somehow results in the changes being made?

What say you, V1?

A bit OT, but here's my usual run. I have Safari set to open new windows in tabs, and to select newly opened tabs automagically.

I go to the main forum list, and shift-cmd-click all of the yellow forums. (forums with new posts). This opens each forum in a new tab, leaving the forum list tab up.

Then I switch to the first forum tab, and shift-cmd-click each of the yellow thread. (threads with new posts) The last one I simply click, so it moves the forum tab to the last post. I then read threads, cmd-w closing each one as I finish it, sometimes replying.

When I get through all the posts in a forum, the next forum tab comes up, and I repeat the previous step of opening the new threads.

When I close the last thread from the last forum, I'm back at the forums list tab. I refresh that, and usually all the forums change from yellow. If I missed something, I go to it.

I can only guess that safari or a cookie's state got messed up during that process when I hit Reply on a message.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department