Originally Posted By: slolerner
I think there are ways to achieve personal monetary rewards from running a charity. Maybe, just maybe now, they don't declare the income because it is indirect.

Those who run charities are under close scrutiny by both IRS and watchdogs, income is income and is reportable, and under-the-table money is fraud, so I dunno.

Originally Posted By: slolerner
I think all the ferver about Trump may be blinding people to the fact that Clinton is a deeply flawed candidate as well.

The only outcome I'm hoping for is the Party takes Hillary out of the running. Her numbers are dropping precipitously with what now seem to be real health concerns. Maybe there is still a chance for Bernie Sanders.

I don't think anybody has forgotten that Hillary is a deeply flawed candidate; after all, she's the 2nd most hated presidential candidate in history. She's just had the incredibly good fortune to be running against a #1 who is even more hated, far more deeply flawed...and dangerous, to boot.

Trump doesn't like America and wants to change it in dictatorial fashion! (NEVER forget Harv's sig: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire)

I'm not familiar with the processes that might be invoked to remove Hillary from the race nor do think it's likely to happen unless she does it herself, in which case I think the nod would go to Caine, but considering the fight she had to put up just to get past Bernie in the first place, I think her health and resilience are pretty good; Trump laughed his way to the convention.

I think Hillary's problem (and I've emailed her campaign) is that her restrained, "professional" (for lack of a better word) campaign is failing to get her message to the considerable portion of the electorate that watches reality shows and reads the National Inquirer (if they read anything at all).

Trump's "message" is chipping into Hillary's vulnerable support layer while hers isn't even reaching his.

Either she or some PAC needs to begin doing some serious sniping and outright ridiculing...real fast! (Think back to Stevenson - Eisenhower and the "too intellectual" knock on Adlai.)

Last edited by artie505; 09/14/16 07:31 AM. Reason: Lots of cleanup

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire