Originally Posted By: ryck
Originally Posted By: artie505
....and in that respect, he's certainly promoting(?) himself and his brand big time now, and with other people's money now, to boot.

My question would be: "What's the benefit of the promotion?". It doesn't matter that he has thousands of lunatics cheering him on. Let's face it - What can they do for him once it's over?

And the people who could be of benefit to him (the people who own or run businesses) must be wondering if they want to make deals with someone so close to lunacy.

I don't imagine for a second that his supporters are the constituency he's addressing, because, as you suggest, they'll do nothing for him after the election other than make noise, and I doubt that he's got degrading his brand down to their level in mind.

I assume that he's trying to buy worldwide brand/name recognition on the theory, which may very well be a good one, that his antics will eventually be forgotten while his name will live on...that down the road, people won't allow their current distaste for him to interfere with their taste for the luxury and finer things in life that his brand purports to offer, and if there are bottom-line buyers, there'll be middle-men (all of whom will, of course, overlook his history of rampant screwing of middle-men) lined up around the block to pander to him and cater to them.

Originally Posted By: ryck
Originally Posted By: artie505
He loves publicity...even if it's bad…

I gotta admit he sure is getting plenty of the bad stuff. Today's polls suggest he likely can't even carry New York State. Har har har.

I've never doubted that he'd lose New York; have I been living in a dream world?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire