Originally Posted By: ryck
...I recall thinking (when the whole thing started) that he would only stay in the race long enough to enhance his image a bit, and then he'd drop out.

However it would seem his ego got the best of him and, instead of dropping out, he thought "Hey, maybe I could do this". So he stayed in and now that everything is blowing up in his face, he wants out again.

Rove picked up on Trump's fear early on, which suggests that he may never have thought that he could do the job, so I'll suggest that he's stayed in the race to get the most bang out of the $50 million of his own dollars he invested promoting his brand in the primaries.

He loves publicity...even if it's bad, and in that respect, he's certainly promoting(?) himself and his brand big time now, and with other people's money now, to boot, and in doing so, he's extricating himself from the sticky position of possibly having to be President of the United States.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire