Originally Posted By: artie505
….Trump's extraordinary concession that he may actually lose the election, its language in particular, had already gotten me wondering if he's scared of the Presidency and is (perhaps subconsciously) not actively trying to win the election...using "just continuing to be myself" as an excuse for (perhaps also subconsciously) actively trying to lose it.

That thought certainly crossed my mind. In fact, I recall thinking (when the whole thing started) that he would only stay in the race long enough to enhance his image a bit, and then he'd drop out.

However it would seem his ego got the best of him and, instead of dropping out, he thought "Hey, maybe I could do this". So he stayed in and now that everything is blowing up in his face, he wants out again.

And too, someone probably reminded him that a big part of the President's job is caring about and for others. At that point his anathema alarm started ringing and he got panicky.

Last edited by ryck; 08/15/16 11:43 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C