I’ve recently had some “fun” trying to create a Photo book with Photos. Unfortunately Photos frequently quits unexpectedly when I attempt any inevitable adjustments of the photos or their placement in the automatically generated chosen book theme.

Console tells me “EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)” or “ EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)” but not much else that what passes for my brain can comprehend other than it’s all bad. A brief web search suggests that this has been happening a lot and, of all the suggestions offerred (repairing the library, fiddling with other drives and much else that was too scary for me to contemplate), the only one that actually worked satisfactorily was to use iPhoto instead. I'm glad iPhoto still works but, oh dear.

I love a good rant but there is always the risk that it would quickly become clear I haven’t the faintest idea what I’m talking about. Because I’m the sort that generally likes to go with the Apple update flow (viz ease of use across devices etc), I’d prefer to continue to use Photos which otherwise is quite useable with some intelligent massaging. But not if it’s as wobbly as this. Does anyone in this community have any advice that might fix this crash issue?

Andy
late 2013 iMac, 10.11.6, 16GB

Last edited by dianne; 08/15/16 10:03 PM. Reason: Moved from the Mac OS X Applications forum.