My bad — I said I was on my iPad so I couldn't verify my reference — the command is — on the Mail menu bar, Mailbox > Synchronize all accounts
. That command refreshes the links to your accounts and in IMAP that includes adding any folders that are on the host to those listed on your computer and vice versa
. In other words it simply makes certain the account structures on your Mac and the IMAP server match. That does not include any folders On My Mac
. The mailbox structure structures for each account on your computer should
match the structures on the IMAP servers.
As to the bulk mailbox/folder being an Apple thing, I have several Macs around here, and have access to many more and not one of them has a BULK mailbox associated with any account so it is not standard Mac stuff
. Neither is there any Rule condition in Mail that selects on a condition of bulk
mail. So I suspect your bulk mailbox/folder is
- the product of a third party application that has at one time or another been installed on your Mac and has subsequently been removed or for whatever reason quit working
- the result of a Rule you created.
- I had recently been experimenting with a third party email client and as a result ended up with several unique mailboxes on all of my IMAP accounts. After I gave up on that product and reverted to Mail I had to delete several mailboxes. Fortunately, deleting them on my Mac also deletes them on the various IMAP servers
- in replying to this thread, I found a couple of Mail rules I forgot I had created and are no longer needed
- so thanks for prompting me to clean house