I noticed that most or all monitors today are widescreen. They look great. I bought a Dell for my parents to go with their Dell tower.

But I don't watch TV or movies on my computer. Neither do they. Given that web pages scrolls vertically, it makes sense to me to have a tall monitor rather than a wide one. But I don't see any out there. All wide.

The other thing I noticed is that even though a monitor is bigger, and is advertised as having "better" resolution, higher resolution, that doesn't mean you are seeing more on the screen. Is text easier to read or harder? Can you read more of it at once? If I buy a bigger monitor with a higher resolution, but I have to read the screen with my glasses, what have I gained? I would like to be able to scroll less, to have more text on the screen, and to have that text easy to read. This sounds obvious to me. And yet, in monitor reviews, this doesn't come up. It isn't talked about. You hear about high resolutions. Look at how beautiful this desktop picture of a flower looks. Wow! But how does it help me?

There's also the matter of 16:9 v. 16:10, which I read about here.