For nearly two months, I have had uninterrupted flawless operation of my iPhone 4S. Automatic iCloud backups work flawlessly as long as I plug the iPhone in by about 10:00pm local time and leave it unmolested until after 2:00am. By experimenting, I find that forcing a backup with Settings > iCloud > Backup > Back Up Now will "kill" the automatic backup that normally would take place around 11:00pm that night. The automatic backup returns the following night as long as I do not use the Back Up Now during the second day. Both ways have their advantages.

I have found it easier to enter the stuff on my computer so I can use my keyboard and let the system transfer it to the phone. Typing with my large fingers on the phone takes longer and tends to have more mistakes.

Thanks again for your coaching. I finally "got it." Also, it was very helpful for me to finally get rid of a lot of the anesthetics from the hip replacement and the cataract surgeries.

Last edited by JoBoy; 07/12/16 11:47 PM.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5