We're developing a Mac FAQ that will provide answers to (surprise, surprise) frequently asked Mac-related questions. Our hope is for this to be a community project, with FineTunedMac members suggesting and/or writing up possible candidates and as a group hashing out the content as necessary to arrive at clear and accurate answers. Once approved by FineTunedMac staff, finished FAQs will be added to the read-only Frequently Asked Mac Questions (FAMQ) forum.

The Mac FAQ Discussion forum Read Me explains in more detail but basically the Mac FAQ Discussion forum is where the work will be done to create new FAQs, and if/as the need arises will also be the place to discuss updates or improvements to those already entered in FAMQ. To try to avoid requests for troubleshooting assistance or other misplaced topics/replies, posting in Mac FAQ Discussion is restricted; you'll need to ask for and receive permission before being able to post there. (Note: you must be logged in at the FineTunedMac forums to access the Mac FAQ Discussion forum or any posts therein, including the "Read Me".)

If you'd like to participate in Mac FAQ Discussion, please reply to this thread acknowledging that you understand the purpose of that forum and requesting posting privileges. I'll add you to the approved list ASAP and reply here to let you know you're good to go.

PS - If my explanation isn't clear or you have questions about any of this, please start a new thread here in FineTunedMac Feedback so this one doesn't get cluttered up with tangents.

Last edited by cyn; 01/10/10 04:36 AM. Reason: Added Read Me link (09/07/09), added FAMQ link and MFAQD login requirement (01/09/10).

FineTunedMac Forums Admin