Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Bad news Artie. If the rumors are true the new MacBook Pro will be thinner, lighter and have OLED displays. Apparently Apple does not agree with your analysis. ☹️

There are more rumors the MacBook Air will be dropped entirely. 😐

Heck, joemike, that's excellent news, and it indicates that Apple DOES agree with my analysis of the poor cost/benefit ratio that's given us the current line of MacBook Pros. grin

If Apple can actually justify the MBP's decreased functionality and increased cost with a meaningful decrease in size I'll applaud the idea, effort, and result.

I've seen rumors that the 13" MacBook Air will remain but the 11"er will be discontinued in favor of the 12" MacBook (which doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense to me).

My daughter needs a new Mac, and I'm going to advise her to go for a stock, top 13" MB Air (which, oddly, costs the same $1,199 as an otherwise identically configured top 11"er...did I miss something there[?]) while she can still get one.

Last edited by artie505; 06/02/16 08:28 AM. Reason: Clarification

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire