Thanks Artie (very belatedly). I never got an email notice saying you got back to me. Sorry.

Rita

Originally Posted By: artie505
The key is to use the "All Words" operator so you don't get those extraneous items that "Any Word" returns, but be aware that EasyFind doesn't necessarily find 100% of everything, because apps do on occasion place files that can't be easily identified; that's why I suggested that you search for "Google" and "Android", and, in fact, I see a couple of items in your screenshot that look like they may be related to Android File Transfer Agent.

Note, though, that an app may also place files that can't be tied to it by nomenclature alone, but my feeling - which is in no way authoritative - is that if an uninstaller hasn't removed it and EasyFind can't find it it's not going to cause me any trouble down the road.

Remember that not all that long ago we didn't have Spotlight or app removal apps and were happy to trash just what we could find on our own.

I've never investigated how AppCleaner and others of its ilk work, but unless they track an app's installation I don't see any way they can find anything that a comprehensive EF search can't find.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8