Originally Posted By: ryck

I don't think he proved anything, except that he's an inconsiderate jerk. As many posters in that link pointed out, the 30 MPH speed limit suggests he was in a residential area....where children play and could dart out into the street.

No, the one person stated that decreasing the amount over the limit is, at times, done in Texas. Also, a 30 mph limit can be in other locations.

After getting caught for exceeding the speed limit by nearly a third, and having his peers confirm that his choice to speed was wrong, he decided to act childishly and take his frustration out on a civic employee.

No, after explaining the circumstances before a jury (again a HUGE waste of resources), he still could not get the fine reduced, nor possibly the citation dismissed. He then expressed his valid frustration, but not directed at a civic employee. I did not see him harass the woman at all And he was definitely calm when he dumped the coins onto the counter.

Perhaps I was wrong to say that he didn't prove anything. He did. His actions and the posters' responses confirm that you can publish any nonsensical position on-line and get lots of people to buy in, while others see through it.

No, he did a great service in exposing the police state in Texas, and that is what lots of people see it as.