You don't understand. InnoviCares is not a drug plan and does not have any interaction with your drug plan. If only interacts with your pharmacist at the time you are filling a prescription. It is simply a way to ensure you get the original drug, not the generic.

It works like this:

1. Your pharmacist has both the real drug and the generic available.

2. For "Drug X" 100 pills cost 200.00 but 100 generic pills cost only 60.00

3. Your health plan is only willing to pay the generic cost.

4. If you are registered with InnoviCares, you get the real drug even though It costs 200.00.

5. While you are filling your prescription, InnoviCares remits the difference to the pharmacist.

6. The pharmacist then charges you only for the cost of the generic.

7. You submit your claim for the cost of the generic, but you got the real drug.

I have been enrolled with InnoviCares for about four years and, as a person who remains leery of generics (no, I do not wish to have the debate), InnoviCares is the answer. There are no fees or costs of any kind to be a member.

The links provided both point to the Canadian scene (my error) but I have to assume there is an equivalent American program at InnoviCares. It's worth a search.

Last edited by ryck; 05/24/16 02:31 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C