Originally Posted By: grelber
From the feedback I've been getting via this forum and beyond it seems clear that, especially with respect to the situation in the USA, much depends on:
• where you're located
• how many and what sorts of pharmaceutical outlets are available (including legitimate/reliable online outlets)
• what types of insurance plan are in place

Spot on Grelber! It gets even more convoluted if you are taking off-formulary or high value medications that are only available through specialty pharmacies. There is a growing number of medications the low cost and mass market outlets such as Costco, Walgreens, CVS, etc. refuse to carry because the inventory and special handling cost is simply not worth the risk.

Before anyone complains about the cost being the result of drug company profiteering, that is often not the case. Rather these are medications that cannot be "manufactured" per se because they are living proteins that must be hand cultured on an almost dose for dose basis. But these medications are by far the most, if not only, effective treatments for painfully crippling diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthritis, and a number of other auto-immune conditions. Ask me how I know and I will show you my pharmacy bills.

Last edited by joemikeb; 05/23/16 03:07 PM.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein