I think you're looking at this from the wrong point of view, kevs.

This has been a fascinating thread with an awful lot of good and useful information in it (as any number of your threads have been), but when you post a question there's a whole bunch of people who look at it and maybe give it some thought before they respond or maybe don't even see it for a few days, and by then your thread has often taken several turns in direction, which makes following lines of thought and responding to them awfully difficult, even for those who've followed them from the get-go.

It's not a matter of ignoring threads you "don't like"; it's more a matter of not participating (or not fully participating*) in threads you "do like" because they've gotten too difficult to follow because of hijacking, and that affects the quality of the responses you get to your questions, because, for instance, responders to one may not even be aware of others to which they'd also respond.

I don't get a whole lot of exposure to other forums, but in my experience FTM is unique in the quality of its responders and responses; it's an educational rather than just a Q & A experience, and keeping threads one issue per thread makes for the best experience for all.

(I didn't take your post personally, kevs, but yeah, I plead guilty to being retired with too much time on my hands; retirement ain't all it's cracked up to be. frown )

* Truth be told, I stopped participating in this thread days ago, because it got too convoluted - to the point where you've even hijacked your own posts with multiple questions - for me to deal with.

Last edited by artie505; 05/21/16 08:10 AM. Reason: better

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire