Nice post H, thanks.

But why pay Discwarrior year after year, not a cheap software, why not buy when have to to? That's what I concluded 7 years ago, and still have not had to. Ditto for Tech tool Pro, which I found even weaker. I've never had Onyx solve anything. But I could change my mind about all this at any moment! So that's why I like to ask...

My scheduled backups from SD are once a day. Why not do daily?

The e drive in Tech tool pro has been superseded by recovery drive no? And BTW, there is an online version of that, I've never tried it.

I just bought brand new externals, two weeks ago. The old ones were working perfectly, but it was 5 years, people on forums say that 3-5 years is a good time to swap, you agree? I run test on the drives every blue moon. I used to test once a month, but others have said don't bother. Wait till there is an issue... all this pre-disaster testing is supposedly passe, fragmentation etc etc long gone..

I'll download El Capitan, but I guess you then upgrade to the version exactly are on later.. .1,2. .3... It seems there already in app folder: Install OS X El Capitan 6GB, maybe it's left there anyway?

But it'll go on Mac HD, not external. The external backups will be overwritten by SD, Time Machine is good in that it is versioned and will exist somewhere in there for weeks..

Any guess as to why SD did not solve the recovery drive thing? The developer is super smart, you would have to be to develop that. Easier to lower rate to $28, than to include recovery? any guess on that? And it's still not there? With CCC it just goes over with the Mac HD copy?

Last edited by kevs; 05/09/16 07:12 PM.