Originally Posted By: Ira L
Also see this...about Safari problems. Some of the solutions are mentioned above, but there is also information on why and how to use public DNS (domain name servers).

I have added those Open DNS server addresses to my Network setting in System Prefs. I added them both, in front of the 2 my ISP provides (via DHCP). ...I'm curious if adding the Open DNS addresses before or after, or even deleting the ISP provided DNS server address, makes a difference?

I have been getting speedier loading, now that I'm principally testing from my home which uses a cable-speed connection (where I get about 8 Mbps Up & 19 Mbps Down). [When I'm using this PB in my office, I have a LAN connection to the internet via a DSL connection that drops speeds down by about 70%.]

I have also Reset Safari several times, principally deleting most except the webpage icons & cookies. I have also manually deleted, from the Safari folder within my User Library folder, all but the webpage icons db, bookmarks, & Top Sites.

After doing the above, I have seen some speed improvement, but I have had several site lock-up Safari - and then, having to Force Quit.

So, I am not sure if I have found any solution, particularly to the Safari crashing.

What about doing a reinstall of Safari 4.0.3 right over the top of the current install? (I'm wondering if having used the Safari 4 Beta, there's some "bad stuff" left over from its use.) ...If it's a reasonable step, where can one find the Safari 4.0.3 install download?

MacStudio M1max - 14.4.1, 64 GB Ram, 4TB SSD; Studio Display; iPhone 13mini; Watch 9; iPadPro (M2) 11" WiFi