Thanks Artie/ Tacit.

Boy, I'm glad I saved, and could find that email they sent me, otherwise you could never have seen in such specificity why they insisted I get Sophos. So as Joe said, they may be smart guys but not conversant with Mac or everything? And they really are pretty smart, they run the servers for a long time and even by that email write intelligently, so I trust them, even though, I was happy being AV free for years....

So I had a weak password...

I never had a Trojan as they implied in the email? Again, I keep thinking they are saying a Trojan was on my local computer and that created the window to hack the password... (I've never had a thorough discussion about it with them, they don't seem to want to waste time on past issues)

I assume Tacit you don't bother with AV either...

So the only reason to have an AV is if I"m so lame as to accidentally double click an email attachment or someone comes into my house and installs something sinister...? But in short, no one it seems who is very Mac savvy recommends bothering with AV. My web hoster would probably would still insist Sophos would have prevented it...even if I explained all this, my guess.

Now if I did keep Sophos, which I leaning to not do, I'm leaning to bail on AV altogether, is SD correct in that Sophos is labeling spam attachments as errors, and hence SD wont do the clone? And if so is there anything I could do? Or I would have to try a different AV.. Avast... etc Neither SD or Sophos had a solution to that.

BTW for wordpress, I don't remember doing security updates. I have some type of AV there I think-- some spam plugin, and I update that, and I update Wordpress, or I think it updates itself now..

CCC- SD, So if I stay with SD, and my MacHD goes haywire, and I clone back with my SD clone, the recovery partition is not there? Why not-- SD seems to be pretty robust, how could they miss what the competitor could do? Will they fix that later? And isn't that a Mac thing embedded into the OS? And couldn't one add it on later anyway or you would never ever have that again?