Thanks Joe:
To clarify my isp is ATT, they are not involved.
Who I meant is my web hoster: the one who host my wordpress blog. Something bad happened with the blog, I think I could not log in. And they sent me that email. The implication was I was at fault. They solved the situation, created a nice new long password, and then insisted I get the AV.

But they were wrong? My computer having an AV would not have prevented what happened?

As far as Sophos goes: it's just collecting spam bad attachments/ trojans and putting them in Quarantine and asking if I want to clean the threat. Total nuisance, as without Sophos, I would just delete the spam emails and that would be the end of it. I guess the main function the AV performs is preventing me from accidentally double clicking a bad attachment? And that could happen...

But the key is this, you and others don't think having an AV would have prevented the original occurrence with the Wordpress blog and the password issue and the trojan that caused that? And if that is the case, then I will probably lean to bailing on having any AV is they are a PITA.

They gave me the impression that this was a local thing that someone who sat at my computer in my house inserted the Trojan on my computer or who knows what...

The new nuisance, and reason for the post was the new situation of Sophos making super duper clones abort.

BTW someone else mentioned CCC, I looked at them years ago but found SD much nicer and they have great customer service. What issue did you have with SD? You find CCC works just as well, interface wise, and does CCC have good support? Someone mentioned SD does not clone the OS recovery utility? Hear that?

Jon, just saw your post now about CCC, same question to you about that vs SD, and if you want to comment on AV please do. This is helping guys!

Last edited by kevs; 05/07/16 08:51 PM.