Originally Posted By: ryck

(That's been in all the papers)

Obviously, a number of folks do not read the papers. But, it was also loudly stated by the voters through the primaries.

Originally Posted By: ryck

The point was not about whether or not Trump has the nomination clinched , it was about the effect on the Republican party. It's very clear that a lot of senior Republicans are very, very worried. To quote Peter Wehner, former speech writer for George W. Bush and a lifelong Republican:

"They've nominated a person who is a pernicious force in American politics. Someone who is not conservative, who's misogynist, who's xenophobic, who's nativist, who's incredibly shallow, who's vindictive, who is, I think, emotionally unstable. I think he's obsessive, I think he's a threat to the Republican Party and the republic."

Don't think he is all that, but he definitely is stating things that the folks are so pissed off about: the political and underhanded BS that goes on in DC, along with so little, if anything, getting accomplished. Plus, he is definitely right on about the trade in balance, and the wall that MUST be built.