Originally Posted By: ryck

Contention? I suggested that California wasn't necessarily a shoo-in for Trump, given the unknown factor of where the Cruz votes would go. And, I still stand by that speculation.

The fact that there will now not be a competition doesn't provide a single iota of support for your contention that Trump would easily win California, so you can hang onto your "Not to say I told you so" for another time.

And I stand by my original contention, that Trump will win California. That was just as valid before Cruz and Kasich bowed out. Similar stuff was spewed out about Indiana (http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/03/politics/primary-results-takeaways/), and look how Trump trounched BOTH of them there.

You have missed the point entirely.

I fully understand that Trump has paid his way to date. However, the amount he will need for an election campaign (and the PR side of things) far exceeds anything he has spent so far. He may be reluctant to reach that far into his own pocket and, absent any additional funding, that will place him in a tough spot.

No, I understood perfectly what you said. Such a scenario you are stating just goes back to the other point, about the Republican party just giving up.

Yes, and I think it's entirely possible in a party that is already split by factors like the Tea Party. Add to that the fact that Trump has only averaged 40% of the Republican vote in the primaries, so a majority of the party already opposes him.

Once again though, things can change, and I just point again to the fact about how Trump rose from such an underdog last June to winning the nomination. And, if Hillary suffers any more damage from the EMail "issue", that will surely help Trump.

Last edited by honestone; 05/05/16 04:10 PM.