I got Sophos because my web hoster recommeded I get an antiviris. I've been using Sophos (who they recommended), and it was going ok, but now is conflicting with scheduled copies of Super Duper, which I've been using for years. SD says Sophos puts an error message on the offending email, and hence SD wont finish the copy.

I've contacted Sophos and there is nothing they can do.

So I have to now manually delete the bad email to get copies to work. Real tedious.

SD (and others) have said bail on silly antivirus. I would like to! The only reason I got on board again is because of this incident from 2 years ago or so. Any advice? Thanks.

From a couple of years ago:

Our systems have alerted us that on 12/25/2013 malicious IP addresses in Russia & - an IP address in Belarus) logged into the FTP account and uploaded malicious files.

We've removed the files from the account. The FTP password for the account has been changed to:

As a precuation, your wordpress passwords have been disabled. You can reset your wordpress passworsd by going to and clicking on 'Lost your password?'

This means that either the FTP password was easy to guess and was brute forced, or a computer that had the FTP password stored, or used the FTP account in the past, was hacked and infected with malware/trojan/viruses/keyloggers. There are a lot of known viruses and trojans in the wild that are specifically designed to steal FTP passwords stored in FTP accounts, even if they haven't been used in years.

Please scan all home, office, laptop and other computers that may have accessed that FTP account in the past or had the FTP password stored on them.