Originally Posted By: honestone
Whether it's honorable or not, it's too late. He will easily win California, and as they say, "There goes the ball game".

I'm not so certain about California being a shoo-in. The last polls I saw had Cruz and Trump running neck and neck so it will be interesting to see what happens to the Cruz votes (most of whom, I assume, are in the Stop Trump movement).

Originally Posted By: honestone
Also, if the Republican "establishment" stops the nomination of Trump, the party will definitely be fractured this election cycle.

They may not need to stop him through process. They can choose to stop him farther down the line (during the election) just by closing their wallets, which is already happening.

Trump could be a presidential candidate going into an election without enough dough, unless he is prepared to take that extraordinary amount of money from his own bank account. If he elects to underspend, that could be the real "There goes the ball game".

This morning there's a clue that the money is already on the Donald's mind. He has said he is "considering" accepting small donations.

Last edited by ryck; 05/04/16 02:13 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C