Originally Posted By: Virtual1
I get home and spend 30 minutes sorting out mediacom madness. Finally get internet back up. Phone wants to update. ok whatever. Alarm pops up, "sort out me.com", ok. Back to that. Same popup when I try to login, it wants to "verify my address". ok, whatever, so I put in the actual email address in my account, which will actually WORK now that my mailserver is back on the internet. I'm expeting to see a "we've emailed a clickable link to that address"... but nope. instead.... "all hell breaks loose"

To my shock, it says Your Apple ID has successfully been changed!

I did NOT ask for that, and I sure as heck would have not approved of it. I suspected what sort of chaos that would cause. Too late though, the bell has been rung with absolutely NO warning.

This suggests to me that, philosophically, Apple has come full circle and become Microsoft.

I recall, very clearly, in 1984 the biggest appeal of the Macintosh was its underlying philosophy - a computer that allowed the user to do what user wanted….no more having to do what the software demanded. As I said, full circle.

Last edited by ryck; 05/04/16 12:59 AM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C