Originally Posted By: joemikeb
My wife has this OWC external Super multi drive attached to her Mac mini running El Capitan and DVD Player works with (except Apple does not support Blu Ray).... (Just to be sure I was not mis-speaking I just tested...with DVD Player and [it] worked perfectly.)

Maybe it is a good thing that I missed that notice when I bought the drives from OWC. If I had seen it maybe DVD Player would not have worked with my enclosures/drives. grin

Thanks for that; it really helped.

Looking more closely than before I see that the drive at which I was looking, primarily because it's USB 3, isn't bus powered, and that's a deal breaker.

Banking on your wife's experience, though, I'm going with this OWC drive which is only USB 2 - not a deal breaker - but is slot-loading, which I prefer because it takes up less room than a tray-loader and is, I hope, less likely to suffer mechanical failure. (I'll pass on the cheaper model...also a tray-loader and spring for Blu-ray read/NO write which I can imagine needing someday; I doubt that I'll ever need to write to a Blu-ray disc, so I'll pass on that capability.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire