Originally Posted By: grelber
It's hardly "almost invisible" when it leads the entire response. When I want to make my original post or response more than just a bare comment, I always select an appropriate posting icon.

Every once in a while a posting icon catches the corner of my eye, but it never registers as anything more than "something's different there".

I never look at those icons; they lead a response in the sense that they precede the thread's title, but they're totally removed from its text, which is what I'd guess most folks address immediately...possibly exclusively.

I think a well placed smiley or emoji in a response is far more meaningful than those posting icons.

And then again...

Edit: And don't forget both that nobody keeps count of posting icons and that you've got to post to use one, whereas in joemike's scenario all you've got to do is click "Like" or "Don't Like" and your vote is tallied and prominently displayed.

Last edited by artie505; 05/03/16 06:35 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire