Nice post Joe! thanks for clarifying. IN addition to replacing the 27" last week, I just put a new SSD into my macbook and today, was not able to use Microsoft. What was humiliating was this 400 number passcode that after entering did not work. I did get a nice Indian guy who got it going for me, he extended the license number. 23 minutes on the phone, coupled with other lost time, killer. Humiliating.

You have a point, a company that is very small, but makes the best estimating software in photography, used to be just one time $75 and maybe an upgrade every 3 years of $50. They just went with cloud version and it's $200 every year or so. I only use it a few times a year, but will do it as they need the support and there are few who want to do that software well.

Conversly I have 3-4 other softwares I use much more that are only about $5 or $10 a year to maintain.

BTW are you or others reading on Mac office 2016 yet? I was going to upgrade but the reviews online or horrid. The tech today said that's because the complainers are not on the most recent version of the OS. And he said it's been out for 6 months.

Last edited by kevs; 04/29/16 06:14 PM.