I had back surgery a year ago and for additional reasons I would like to do less reading sitting up looking at my desktop and more time in another room, either in a better chair or lying down. I sit in a $500 Steelcase Leap, but it doesn't make much difference. Remember that when you buy an expensive chair.

There's much on the internet, and in .pdf and other text format on my imac, that I want to read, but I don't like reading in my current position, esp. not for long periods of time. I grew up with paper books. I also enjoy watching YouTube more than TV or most movies.

I welcome advice on the options I've come up with and anything else you might offer. Money is a consideration.

1) Buy a cheap laptop, like an old white Macbook or Dell. Connect wirelessly to the desktop. Or download and copy files from my desktop to a laptop.

2) Buy a Kindle (or Kobo or Nook). Download web pages, .pdfs, text files, and convert them to Kindle format with Calibre, then transfer them to the Kindle.

3) Connect to the internet through my Samsung smart TV. Watch YouTube or browse the net while lying on the couch. Too bad I can't download Youtube videos in large groups, put them on a USB drive, then plug the drive into my TV.

4) Buy a Chromebook.

Last edited by deniro; 04/18/16 02:35 PM.